1. Information We Collect
- In General. We may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. “Sensitive Data” includes name, photograph and video, signature, address, mailing address, telephone number, email ID, credit / debit card number, cardholder name, card expiration date, information regarding income and occupation, proof of identification, bank account information, information about your mobile phone and any details that may have been voluntarily provided by you in connection with availing the Services. For availing certain Services and offers on the Platform, you consent to providing access to your contact list and us collecting information relating to your contact list and your mobile device through our platform including without limitation, contact names, phone numbers, account types, favourites (starred). You shall have the option of not providing this consent at the time of being onboarded on the Platform. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data, as permitted by applicable privacy laws. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Services.
- The Company is the sole owner of the information collected through the Website and use of the Services. We may collect and process Personal Information from you, including but not limited to the following:
a. Information provided by you at the time of registration such as your email ID, phone number, bank account details, contact information, financial information, unique identifiers and preferences information including favourites and history. Providing additional information beyond what is required at the time of registration can be altered by you at any time;
b. Information that you provide us with directly via email and / or electronic communication;
c. Information that you provide to us over telephone. We may make and keep a record of such information shared by you;
d. Information that you provide us in physical form whether sent through post and / or courier and / or handed over to our representatives in person; and
e. Information from other sources.
- Every computer/mobile device connected to the internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s Internet Protocol or “IP” address. When you request a page from any page within the Website, our web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveals nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Website.
- We further track your use of the Website and Services, including our application through our own proprietary tools or the use of third-party technologies. By using the Services and the application, you consent to us using such technology to track your usage of the Website and Services on the application by accepting the popup explaining the same to you during the use of the Services. The tools used for tracking do not collect any Sensitive Personal Information and are used to track your activities during use of the Website and Services and during promotional activities to better tailor the Services for your needs. We further this information to do research on your demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users and improve our Services and application. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. Such information, excluding any Sensitive Personal Information may also be provided by thirdparty service providers who obtain your data on their website from which website you may be redirected to our Website or application.
- You may, in your sole and absolute discretion, choose either:
(i) not to provide the information requisitioned by the Company from you in connection with its Services from time to time or
(ii) cancel your communication that you have elected to receive from the Company in relation to the information you have already shared with the Company.
- Access to your registered email account. You may opt to connect your email account to Floatr platform and you may explicitly provide your consent to Floatr to securely access your emails solely in connection with availing the Services. Subject to your consent, Floatr may access your emails to access/extract the statements received from your bank(s) for the purpose of processing your application in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use. In the event you enable us to access your registered email, we shall view and analyse and extract information/contents of the emails which are sent from your bank(s) communicating the statement of your account which you may periodically receive from your bank(s). This information is collected to automatically assist you with your loan application and held under strict confidence in accordance with the applicable law. Under no circumstances shall we access any personal messages/emails and our automated process shall adhere to accessing emails which you had consented and more particularly restrict ourselves to viewing the emails communicating the bank statements. We shall at all times ensure that the specific consent is not misused and the algorithm is programmed to avoid any human intervention which may act beyond the consent explicitly vested with us. Your consent would be sought in each case if you would wish to connect your email & SMS with the Floatr account. You are free to revoke the consent to access your email or SMS at any time while you avail the Floatr Services. In the event you wish to revoke the consent or opt out from processing your application through us, please write to email@example.com
2. How We use Information We Collect
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you a platform to render our Services. We may use the personal information provided by you in the following ways:
- To help provide you the Services and offers relating to the Services;
- To observe, improve and administer the quality of Services;
- To analyse how the platform is used and diagnose technical problems;
- Remember the basic information provided by you for effective access;
- To confirm your identity in order to determine your eligibility to use the platform and avail the Services
- To notify you about any changes to the Website;
- To enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the purpose of sending administrative notices, Service-related alerts and other similar communication with a view to optimizing the efficiency of the Website;
- Doing market research, troubleshooting, protection against error, project planning, fraud and other criminal activity;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use; and
- When you grant us access to the contact information on your mobile device, then we access the names and contact information from your address book to facilitate invitations, rewards for referrals and to assess your phone usage and habits and to identify fraudulent contacts in your network and for promotional and marketing purposes.
3. Sale of Assets, Merger, Acquisition, Bankruptcy
Information collected from you may be transferred to a third party(ies) as a result of a sale or acquisition, merger or bankruptcy involving the Company.
5. Sharing of Information
- Consulting. We may partner with other parties to provide specific portions of the Services, if required. When you sign-up for the Services, we will share names, or other Personal Information that is necessary for the third party to provide these Services. Our contractual arrangements with such third parties restrict these parties from using personally identifiable information except for the explicit purpose of assisting in the provision of these Services.
- Promotional Offers. We may send you offers, which may be on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name, address and details in relation to the Services availed. If you do not want to receive such offers, you may request us to adjust your preferences.
- We do not publish or disclose any information pertaining to your contacts list to any third parties other than for the purpose of provision of the Services and offers on the platform or where required to do so by law.
6. Changes of Information
If your Personal Information or Sensitive Data changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email address mentioned on our Website. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
7. Non-disclosure of Information
We pledge that we will not sell or rent your personal details to anyone and your personal information will be protected and maintained strictly confidential by us, except in the following cases:
- We may disclose your personal information in the event it is required to do so by law, rule, regulation, law, enforcement, governmental official, legal or regulatory authorities and / or to such other statutory bodies who have appropriate authorisation to access the same for any specific legal purposes;
- We may disclose your information to such third parties to whom we transfer our rights and duties under any agreement entered into with such third parties; and
- We may disclose your information to any of our affiliates or related entities.
8. Security of Information
- We take the security of your information very seriously. To this end, we use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryptions, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where the data are stored. We have in place appropriate administrative, technical, physical safeguards and security measures to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful loss, destruction, damage, alteration, access, disclosure or use and any other unlawful forms of processing. When we collect data, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. When we collect payment card details electronically, we use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details. You are strongly recommended not to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
- In using the Services, you accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet. Therefore, the use of the Website will be at your own risk and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond its reasonable control and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security.
- In the event we become aware of any breach of the security of your information, we will promptly notify you and take appropriate action to the best of its ability to remedy such a breach.
10. Data Retention
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements or for other business purposes. Subject to Clause 7 above (Non-Disclosure of Information), we will continue to retain information provided by you until you specifically request us to destroy such information. Upon verification of such request, we may, subject to our obligations pursuant to law, destroy all information provided by you from our servers.
11. Opt Out Procedures
Upon initial communication from us, you may opt-out of receiving further communications from us. To be completely removed from our mailing list, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are using an email forwarding service or other similar service, please make sure to include the correct email address or addresses.
12. Other Links and Widgets
- The Website may contain links to other sites. The linked sites are not necessarily under our control. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the Website, you do this entirely at your own risk. Any links to any of our partners should be the responsibility of the linking party, and we will not be responsible for notification of any change in name or location of any information on the Website.
13. Notifications of Changes
- Using the Company’s Services or accessing the Website after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the Website will constitute your consent to the changed terms
14. Address for Privacy Related Questions
Registered Address: 92/A, 2nd Main Road, Electronics City, Phase-1, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560 100.
If you ever find the need to delete your Floatr account along with its associated data, you can easily initiate the process by submitting a request through our dedicated form. Here’s what you need to know:
Deletion Request Process:
Complete the account deletion request form, and once received, we will process it within 3 business days.
Following the initial processing, you have an additional 15 days to request a reversal if you change your mind. After this 15-day window, the deletion will be finalized and cannot be reversed. Reversal request must be sent to email@example.com along with the registered mobile number
Permanence of Deletion:
After the 15-day reversal period, your account and its data will be permanently deleted from our systems and it can’t be restored. To initiate the account deletion process, please use our delete account link.